The Royal College of Dental Surgeons of Ontario (RCDSO) is a leader in health care regulation. As the governing body for nearly 10,000 dentists in Ontario, our mission is to act in the public interest by putting patients first. We are committed to transparency, accessibility, and fairness in all our work.
RCDSO offers an engaging and values-based work culture that promotes leadership, work/life balance, teamwork and opportunities for professional development.
By joining the College, you’ll work in a vibrant, positive and progressive environment that will motivate you to achieve your best.
CURRENT JOB POSTINGS
- Administrative Assistant, Intake
Administrative Assistant, Intake
Bring your excellent communication and organizational skills to our team as the Administrative Assistant, Intake in our Professional Conduct and Regulatory Affairs (PCRA) department.
The PCRA department of the College responds to inquiries from the public about dental concerns, investigates the conduct of dentists, provides support to the College’s Inquiries, Complaints and Reports Committee and Discipline Committee in their decision-making roles, and enforces committee decisions.
The Administrative Assistant, Intake, is responsible for performing administrative duties within the PCRA department to support the efficient intake, processing and tracking of all inquiries and complaints about dentists from members of the public.
What can I expect to do in this role?
You will work as part of a team to:
- Intake and process all complaint inquiries and formal complaints
- Respond to telephone and email inquiries about the College’s complaint process
- Prepare customized and standard correspondence using Microsoft Word templates
- Compile prior decisions involving members for all complaint files, in accordance with legislated deadlines
- Track the status of all complaint files for the purpose of complying with legislated deadlines
- Create and update complaint files using the College’s case management software
- Open new hardcopy complaint files
- Communicate with investigators regarding file status
- Prepare correspondence to complainants and members about file status, including reasons for delay and expected date of completion, as required by the legislation
- Provide backup support to the Intake and ADR Administrator as required
What skills and background do I need?
The Administrative Assistant, Intake requires:
- Completion of two- to three-year community college program
- Three to five years of position related experience
- Extensive knowledge of Microsoft Office, including Word, Excel and Outlook
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- The ability to multi-task and work in a fast-paced, team environment
- Experience working in a health care setting or working with vulnerable people an asset
How do I apply?
Submit a cover letter, telling us why you are interested in this position and how your skills meet our needs. Your letter and a resume must be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org by July 31, 2017 at 5 pm.